GRUMPY GOATS FARM PICUAL
Single Varietal Olive Oil
The Picual is an olive cultivar from Spain. Picual olives are the most commonly grown olive today for olive oil production. Picual trees are estimated to account for 25% of all olive oil production in the world. This varietal is very high in oil content, at 20-27% by weight, and is normally high in polyphenols. The oil has a big, green fruit flavor that recalls cut grass, tomato leaf, green herbs, a whiff of pine, and a black pepper finish.
- Tomato Leaf
Makes a lively citrus vinaigrette
We also like it as a finishing oil, drizzled on grilled meats
- New York Olive Oil Competition– Gold (2018, 2017, 2016) Silver (2019, 2015)
- Los Angeles International Olive Oil Competition– Gold (2017, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012) Silver (2019, 2015) Bronze (2018)
- Yolo County Fair– Gold (2015, 2012) Silver (2016) Bronze (2014, 2013)
- Gold (2017–Best of Show, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012) Silver (2018, 2013)
- California State Fair Competition- Gold (2019, 2017, 2016-Best of Division) Silver (2018, 2015)
- California Olive Oil Council (COOC): Gold (2019, 2017 Best of Show) Silver (2018)
POLYPHENOL TEST RESULTS
Grumpy Goats Farm submits its oil to a chemistry testing lab each year as part of the process of certifying our oil as extra virgin. We also ask for the total phenols. For a look at the results, and more detail on the types of tests performed, refer to Certification/Lab Results page.