Recipe for Frantoio Oil
Shaved Honeydew Caprese with Green Tomato and Burrata
From July/August 2018 issue of Coastal Living magazine.
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp line zest plus 2 Tbsp fresh juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium-size (6 oz) green tomato, cored and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 small (1 1/2 lb) honeydew melon
- 4 oz burrata cheese, torn into pieces
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- Whisk together vinegar lime zest and juice, honey, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl until well combined. Toss together tomato slices and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar-lime mixture in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cut honeydew melon in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut each melon half into 4 wedges; remove rinds. Shave melon wedges into thin ribbons using mandoline.
- Arrange tomato slices, shaved melon, and burrata on a large platter. Drizzle with reserved vinegar-lime mixture. Sprinkle with sliced mint, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Serve immediately.